A PS5 console or PS4 console is required for Remote Play.
With Remote Play, you can control your PlayStation® console remotely wherever you have a high-speed internet connection.
Using the PS Remote Play app, you can control your PlayStation®5 console or PlayStation®4 console from a device at a different location.
For example, you can use a computer in another room or a smartphone when you’re out to enjoy PS5™ and PS4™ games.
The following are the different combinations of compatible devices and PlayStation consoles for using Remote Play. For instructions on downloading the app and getting started with Remote Play, go to one of the links below.
Control your PS5 console
Control your PS4 console
- Control your PS4 console from a Windows PC
- Control your PS4 console from a Mac
- Control your PS4 console from a mobile device
- Control your PS4 console from an Android TV
- Control your PS4 console from a PS5 console
- Control your PS4 console from your PS Vita system*
- Control your PS4 console from your PS TV system*
With the PS4 Link app, you can remotely control your PS4 console with a PlayStation®Vita system or PlayStation®TV system.
Find out more about how to set up and use Remote Play on your systems in the PS Vita User’s Guide or the PS TV User’s Guide.
Depending on the content or how it’s used, Remote Play may not be available. For details, see “Restrictions”.
If you still can't connect or have an unstable connection, see "When Remote Play isn’t available".
PS Remote Play Update Information
Version 6.5.0 for Windows PC:
Stability during use of some features has been improved.
Version 6.5.0 for Mac computer:
- Stability during use of some features has been improved.
- Remote Play is no longer available on macOS High Sierra.
Android TV version:
An app for Android TV has been released.
- Some games don't support Remote Play.
Games that require peripherals , such as PlayStation®VR2, PlayStation®VR or PlayStation®Camera, aren’t compatible with Remote Play.
- You can’t use the following functions at the same time as Remote Play:*
- Using Share Play
- Broadcasting gameplay (only when using Remote Play to control a PS4 console)
- Playing a Blu-ray Disc™ or DVD
- PS VR2 or PS VR mode
- Playing music
- Watching video services
Depending on the game, some images may not be displayed while using Remote Play. In some cases, you may not be able to use Remote Play while multiple other features are in use.
- When you are using a wireless controller with Remote Play, some of the controller's features may be restricted.
- For details on audio input and output during Remote Play, visit our support website.
- This site is subject to change without notice.
- Screen images are composite images. Illustrations and screen images may vary from the actual product.
- Information about system functionality and names of menu items published on this site may vary depending on the PS5 or PS4 system software version, the OS version of the computer or mobile device that you're using, as well as the version of the application installed on your computer or mobile device.
ASTRO’s PLAYROOM: ©2020 Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
Horizon Zero Dawn: ©2017 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. Developed by Guerrilla.