Control your PS5 console from a PS4 console
Using [PS5 Remote Play], you can connect to your PS5 console from a PS4 console.
You’ll need the following to use Remote Play:
- PS5 console
Always update your PS5 console to the latest version of the system software.
- PS4 console
Always update your PS4 console to the latest version of the system software.
- An account for PlayStation™Network
Use the same account that you use for your PS5 console and PS4 console. If you don't have an account, you'll need to create one first.
- High-speed internet connection
As a standard, we recommend a high-speed connection with upload and download speeds of at least 5 Mbps. For best performance, we recommend a high-speed connection with upload and download speeds of at least 15 Mbps.
- DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller
Set up your PS5 console
Set up your PS5 console in the following ways. You'll only need to do this the first time you use Remote Play:
- From the home screen, select [Settings] > [System] > [Remote Play], and then turn on [Enable Remote Play].
- To start Remote Play while your PS5 console is in rest mode, select [Settings] > [System] > [Power Saving] > [Features Available in Rest Mode]. Then turn on [Stay Connected to the Internet] and [Enable Turning on PS5 from Network].
Start Remote Play
You'll take the following steps each time you connect to your PS5 console from your PS4 console.
- Turn on your PS5 console or put it into rest mode.
- From the home screen on your PS4 console, select [PS5 Remote Play].
- Select [Find Your PS5].
When you select [Options Menu], you can configure video quality settings for Remote Play such as resolution and frame rate.
If you’re asked to enter your sign-in ID and password, sign in with the account that you use for your PS5 console.
The app searches for the PS5 console that you’ve signed in to using your account, and then connects to the console automatically. After it connects, the screen of your PS5 console displays on your PS4 console and you can start using Remote Play. If multiple PS5 consoles are found, select the console that you’d like to use.
- If it's been more than 60 days since you last logged in to your PS5 console, you won't be able to connect to it. If you haven't used your PS5 console in a while, log in before starting Remote Play. Check that your device connects properly while you are near your PS5 console before trying to connect remotely from outside your home.
- If the app can't find the device that you'd like to connect, or if you can't use Remote Play, see "When Remote Play is not available".
Remote Play controls
|Press the PS button||The control panel of Remote Play displays.
During Remote Play, you'll control the PS5 console using cards that appear on your screen. From the cards, you can access the control center and the home screen of the PS5 console.
|Press and hold the PS button||The quick menu of your PS4 console displays.|
From the control panel, you can take the following actions:
- Control Center
Select this to display the control center of your PS5 console.
Select this to display the home screen of your PS5 console or PS4 console.
Check the icon to know your mic's status.
When you select the checkbox, your mic is muted.
When you select the checkbox, your mic is unmuted.
Mic not connected
Play a multiplayer game
When a player begins using Remote Play, others can join as added players.
To join a Remote Play session as an added player, you'll need to log in to the PS4 console and then press the OPTIONS button on your controller.
Sign in with your account when you're asked to enter your sign-in ID and password.
- A total of three players can join a multiplayer game.
- When the player who started Remote Play quits, the session ends for all players who joined the multiplayer game.
- You can't use your microphone during multiplayer games.
Quit Remote Play
- During Remote Play, press the PS button on the controller.
The control panel displays.
- Select [Disconnect], and then select [Leave Power On] or [Put in Rest Mode].
Remote Play quits and the screen returns to its original state before connecting to your PS5 console.