Control your PS4 console from a PS5 console
Using [Remote Play], you can connect to your PS4 console from a PS5 console.
You’ll need the following to use Remote Play:
- PS5 console
Always update your PS5 console to the latest version of the system software.
- PS4 console
Always update your PS4 console to the latest version of the system software.
- An account for PlayStation™Network
Use the same account that you use for your PS5 console and PS4 console. If you don’t have an account, you’ll need to create one first.
- High-speed internet connection
As a standard, we recommend a high-speed connection with upload and download speeds of at least 5 Mbps. For best performance, we recommend a high-speed connection with upload and download speeds of at least 15 Mbps.
- Wireless controller for the PS5 console
You can also use a DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller.
Set up your PS4 console
Set up your PS4 console in the following ways. You’ll only need to do this the first time you use Remote Play:
- From the function screen, go to [Settings] > [Remote Play Connection Settings], and then turn on [Enable Remote Play].
- From the function screen, go to [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Activate as Your Primary PS4], and then select [Activate]. You can enable this setting on only one PS4 console for each account. Find out more about activating your PS4 console as your primary console in the PS4 User's Guide.
- To start Remote Play while your PS4 console is in rest mode, select [Settings] > [Power Save Settings] > [Set Features Available in Rest Mode]. Then select the checkboxes for [Stay Connected to the Internet] and [Enable Turning on PS4 from Network].
Start Remote Play
You'll take the following steps each time you connect to your PS4 console from your PS5 console.
- Turn on your PS4 console or put it into rest mode.
- From the Games home of your client PS5 console, select [Remote Play].
When you select [Settings], you can configure video quality settings for Remote Play such as resolution and frame rate.
- Select [PS4].
If you’re asked to enter your sign-in ID and password, sign in with the account that you use for your PS4 console.
The app searches for the PS4 console that you set up in Set up your PS4 console, and then connects. After it connects, the screen of your PS4 console displays on your PS5 console and you can start using Remote Play.
- Before using Remote Play from outside your home, we recommend that you check your connection.
- If the app can't find the device that you'd like to connect, or if you can't use Remote Play, see "When Remote Play is not available".
Remote Play controls
|Press the PS button||The control center of your PS5 console displays.
During Remote Play, you'll control the PS4 console using cards that appear on your screen. From the cards, you can access the home screen of the PS4 console.
|Press and hold the PS button||The home screen of your PS5 console displays.|
Quit Remote Play
- During Remote Play, press the PS button on the controller.
The control center of your PS5 console displays.
- Select the Remote Play card, and then select [Close Remote Play]. Then, select [Leave Power On] or [Put in Rest Mode].
Remote Play quits and the screen returns to its original state before connecting to your PS4 console.